Weather – hot & humid. Minnesota humid, which rivals the humidity of Florida – or so I hear. On the work front – client meetings all day. What to wear that’s professional, stays cool, and still packs a punch? I think I found the perfect outfit for this tall order:
- White Linen Blazer
- White skinny jeans
- Tank that reminds me of orange & vanilla sorbet – another way to keep cool!
Paired with a denim handbag gives it just the right bit of contrasting detail.
The embroidery on this linen blazer is so beautiful, I kept the jewelry simple:
And of course, the deets that finish the outfit perfectly:
and I <3 these shoes!
What I’m Wearing:
Inc International Concepts White Linen Embroidered Blazer similar here and here // J Brand Jeans – 11′ Mid-Rise in “Snow” // Seychelles suede & leather “Time Will Tell” shoes // White & Sorbet Striped tank from Forever21 similar here and here // Michael Kors White Polyurethane and Goldtone Mixed Metal watch // CC SKYE “Fool’s Gold” 18K gold ring // Circles necklace by Jill Platner from Gallery 360 // Kendra Scott “Vitta” Drop Earrings // Chloe sunglasses similar here //
If you’re in Minnesota and love J Brand jeans, then Bluebird Boutique in Edina is for you. They carry most of the J Brand jeans as well as lots of other TDF goodies! If you see something you like there – grab it. They sell out quickly, so check back often, as their inventory is constantly changing. Check them out!
Regarding FIT & function:
- The tank top – I purchased this 1 size bigger than I normally wear – just to get it to flow and hang loose, rather hanging fitted.
- The jeans are UBER comfy & soft – they move and stretch with you without OVER stretching. They are such a great fit, and cut so well, I’m wearing them as if they were a pair of trousers, and they look GREAT. Additionally, I LOVE LOVE LOVE jeans, as they are easy to care for. Even these white ones – I’ve dropped several things on the jeans, with a little bit of effort and care, stains have washed out easily.
- The shoes – are one of the most comfortable I have. And the color is GREAT! The straps are a suede, and for some reason, depending on what I pair it with, it looks pink, or nude, or coral. I’m constantly surprised at the variety of things it compliments so well!
- This entire outfit faired very well in this hot, humid, weather!
PS – I’m TOTALLY bananas over looking cool, staying cool and keeping cool!