I’ve been “training” to be a runner. Not quite at the Olympic Athelete level – more like I want to be able to run a couple of blocks without DYING.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE shoes – especially heels – the higher the better.
I recently found an event that puts all that “training” and my LOVE for heels together AND raises money for charity.
O.M.G. What could be more perfect?
photo courtesy Minneapolis2Night.com
The 3rd Annual High Heel Dash is coming up on Wednesday August 15th!
I recently spoke with William Panzarella, of the Aegis Foundation, who organizes and produces the event annually. Aegis Foundation is a non-profit organization that provides financial support to other organizations that provide safe, supportive environments and specialize in youth services, alternative education, life skills, vocational training, homelessness, pregnancy, STD and HIV/AIDS prevention, and other youth related concerns. Aegis is an all volunteer organization, and they go about raising money for other charities. HOW COOL IS THAT? Their events benefit a different youth organization each year,
and this year’s High Heel Dash, the proceeds will benefit Project Healthy Smile!
TOP 5 REASONS to Participate in the 3rd Annual High Heel Dash:
- Put all that “training” you’ve been doing running around town to good use!
- You’ll have a GREAT reason to buy another pair of shoes – it’s to raise money for charity!
- You get to STRUT your STUFF, walk the runway, while hundreds of spectators watch – just like on the runway during fashion week!
- You have a chance at winning GREAT prizes!
- You’re helping a GREAT cause! Project Healthy Smile!
If any of these reasons appeal to you, you would have a GREAT time at the 3rd Annual High Heel Dash!
Check out this video!
Prizes are awarded for 1st, 2nd & 3rd place winners. NEW this year: The HIGHEST fundraiser will also be awarded a prize: A prize valued at $1,000.00!!! The winner and 10 guests, enjoy an evening of wine and shopping at Stuart Weitzman while receiving 20% off on all purchases that evening. The winner will receive a complimentary pair of shoes or handbag valued up to $400.00. Courtesy of STUART WEITZMAN!
How Can You Participate?
- Register for the High Heel Dash here. There is a $20 registration fee.
- You will be given a fundraising page where you can start promoting and fundraising for the event! It’s easy and takes only 5 minutes to set-up.
- Buy your HIGH HEELS! They must be 3 inches high or taller. This event is for both MEN & WOMEN!
Pics from last year’s event – come and join the fun as a dasher, strutter OR spectator! It’s a GREAT time and benefits a GREAT cause!
Photos courtesy Minneapolis2Night.com with permission from Aegis Foundation.
I’d LOVE to see you there!
Fashion Blogger in Minneapolis
PS – I’m TOTALLY BANANAS over the Aegis Foundation!