You probably know by now, I’m a HUGE fan of jewelry. I LOVE LOVE LOVE jewelry – necklaces, bracelets, rings – OH MY! Just thinking about it makes my heart race!
One of my FAVORITE jewelry looks is the ARMPARTY, otherwise known as layering bracelets. There is a rhyme & reason to my madness – here are some tips on having your OWN ARMPARTY!
For the dainty armparty – if this were a REAL party, it would be the equivalent of a having a bunch of friends over for wine & chocolate. Fun, cute, slightly reserved.
- Pick 2 bracelets to be your focal point. Don’t pick large statement pieces. The two bracelets should be of a smaller scale with colors or other visual interest, but nothing that SCREAMS. For my focal points, I have picked a slightly muted, yet colorful hummingbird bracelet AND a freshwater pearl & sand beaded bracelet – both courtesy of Love Khloe Studio.
- Add 3-4 additional bracelets – simple ones that add depth & interest, but don’t call attention to themselves. I’ve chosen a variety of different gold bangles in varying widths.
- Notice that I’ve kept the metals in the same tone – gold.
Here’s how you achieve the STATMENT ARMPARTY!
- First, pick your statement bracelet. It should be large and chunky or sparkle. Something that attracts attention. I chose my Vintage bone & stone inset hinged bracelet.
- Next, pick 2-3 additional bracelets that will add visual interest but don’t draw attention away from your main attraction. Keep the scale of the other bracelets on the smaller end with clean lines. I’ve chosen a small-scale leather bracelet with simple gold studs (TIP: The leather bracelet also serves to buffer the statement bracelet from falling down too far on my wrist, since I have small wrists!), a gold bangle, and a gold & white beaded bracelet.
Here’s the end result:
Which armparty is more your style?
Have fun with your ARMPARTY!
Minneapolis Fashion Blogger
PS – I’m TOTALLY BANANAS over armparty, armswag, armcandy – love it all!
I’ve made it as a LUCKY MAGAZINE contributor! Please click on the badge to check out my LUCKY posts. I would be HONORED if you would VOTE my posts on Lucky’s site, as I dream of being on their FEATURED posts!